BIENVENIDOS - WELCOME - BIENVENUS - WILKOMMEN - BENVENUTI - BEM VINDOS


FRANCISCO J. PEREZ S


"I am committed to prepare the best food, using the best natural ingredients, according to the classic recipes while working under a safer environment with strict food hygiene regulations".



V V V V V V V - INDEX HERE! - V V V V V V V

1) CLICK ON THE LINKS

2) SCROLL DOWN!

3) CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO ENLARGE!

INDEX


SLIDE SHOW

CURRICULUM VITAE



Curriculum Vitae




Francisco J. Perez S.

George Town, Grand Cayman.

Phone: 1-345-3221856.

Email: francochef@hotmail.com

Web site: www.francochef.tk



Working since 1986 in the tourism-hospitality business, in leader restaurants and hotels as well. After have worked in other positions like bartender, waiter, pastry chef, baker, pizza cook and fast food, I’m oriented to cook using high quality ingredientes with reduced cost.I Have got training from chefs of various star hotels and expertise in quality procedures and regulations to be followed while cookig. I’m also specialized in preparing menu for the day with good combinations to attract customers. Can handle high pressure environments and make healthy dishes of good taste for large volumes in stipulated time. I can manage a team of helper cooks and conduct training for them to handle tasks efficiently and make good delicious dishes.



OBJECTIVE:

To utilize my abilities and experience to make special variety dishes of different countries in a professional rewarding environment.



EDUCATION:

• Diploma of International Cuisine, High Training Educational Institute, Caracas, Venezuela. (www.htei.net)

• University: School of Modern Languages – Universidad Central de Venezuela, 6 semesters.

• High School Diploma.

• Food Hygiene courses.

• Basic Accountancy

• Computer skills: windows, MS-Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook.

• Languages spoken: Spanish, English and French.



ACHIEVEMENTS AND SKILLS:

• Have the ability and experience to prepare quality variety dishes in the stipulated time.

• Have expertise in variety of techniques in cooking to prepare healthy tasty dishes

• Have the ability to work with people of all ages, all nationalities with efficiency.

•Have the ability to produce cost-effective quality healthy delicious dishes by appropriate planning.

• Have experience of managing all operations related to dish in restaurants & hotels.

• Have also trained team mates, by conducting practical and training cooking classes.



STRENGTHS:

• Can handle and prepare delicious quality healthy food to handle large orders in stipulated time.

• Efficient in making different delicious menu charts to attract customers.

• Efficient in cost control while preparing delicious quality healthy food and thereby gives profit to the organization as well as satisfaction to customers.

• Proficient in computer use. Wide ranks of tools to operate, create, organize and manage different kind of files under Windows.

• Ability to communicate ideas in three languages (Spanish, English, French) and some basic knowledge of German and Italian.

• Always willing to learn new techniques and natural ability to share knowledge as well.



WORK HISTORY:



CAYMAN ISLANDS.



2008>Triple Crown Pub & Restaurant - Line Cook.

As a line cook in this place my task vary from setting the line to make orders, organize buffet, functions and administration. This is an English style pub & restaurant and everything must be done considering traditional English recipes. The team is composed by two chefs, one helper, one dishwasher and one head chef. We created a family style atmosphere and everyone likes each other in all aspects. This is one of the best jobs I've had in Cayman. I contribute with new fresh ideas to improve the ambiance and offer new specials. Our goal here is to make the best out of the simplest things. I created also the web site for this place : www.triplecrowncayman.tk, I'm in charge of it and I keep adding more items to it. I have started the site, the email address on gmail, the youtube channel and the slide show at slide.com. You can check our channel at youtube: www.youtube.com/triplecrowncayman.

2007>Hard Rock Cafe Cayman Islands - Line Cook.

Overall my duties are setting Mise en Place, programming food preparation for the day, assist other cooks while performing their duties. I work in a station-turning system in which each cook does a different station everyday . Most recipes and guidelines are followed strictly. We work under company standard guidelines. Every cook has to perform his duties with efficiency, hygiene and appropriate speed.

2007>Guy Harvey’s Island Grill Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands-Line Cook .

I take the responsibility to assist other staff members, organize my own mise en place and help others to do theirs. I take the responsibility of maintaining all the inventories required for food department. I take the responsibility of assigning menus for the day and present different variety menus on different days which attract customers. All these tasks are combined with some administrative work I do usually with other staff members. Catering, buffets, functions and daily a la carte service are part of my normal activities. During my stay the restaurant was accepted as a member of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs of the Cayman Islands.

2006-2007>Captain's Table Restaurant Cayman Brac, Cayman Islands – Head Chef.

As a Head Chef I took the responsibility of making new delicious healthy dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I also managed a team of 1 cook and 2 helpers who worked making shifts set by me. I was appreciated for establishing clear rules and regulations while making dishes which helped the team mates to follow guidelines and prepare healthy delicious dishes. Buffets, functions and catering were part of my normal activities. This was really challenging as I could have total control of the kitchen, interact with customers, giving advice and keeping appropriate standards of quality and hygiene. I was also in charge of placing the orders for all the suppliers and preparing daily specials.



VENEZUELA:

2009-> Hotel Ole Caribe / Baker & Pastry chef

I got a three Month contract to improve my skills and learn a little about the new company. I spent 2 weeks working in the front desk plus a 2 week training on hors d´oeuvres and assisting the regular mise en place. After this period I had a better approach to this business. Then I moved to the bakery and pastry section. I did my best to operate under strict regulations. The regular pastry chef a came after his vacations and I could consequently move on.

2008-2009> Casa Tropical / Manager + Head Chef

As Cacao Travel Group grew in size, the company needed to separate tasks into two main groups: Cacao Travel leading the travel agency business, while the new brand Casa Tropical was doing the accomodaton and food part. At this moment I Started traveling across the country helping, giving advice and acting as a counselor. I stayed in different environmenst from the rain forest to the Venezuelan coast. This was a full hardwork period. As my expectations grew I could find a job to expand my knowledge doing pastry and bakery at Hotel Ole Caribe.

2003-2005> Cacao Travel Group / Manager + Head Chef

This was also a challenging job. I had to take control of a small hotel of seven rooms located in a refurbished colonial house carefully decorated and maintained to accommodate European tourists.

I took the responsibility of entire dish making process along with 1 cook, two helpers and two or three waiters, delivering quality delicious dishes prepared according to typical Venezuelan Style. I had a 15 hours work day in which I manage to distribute the work to do according to the volume of guests and the possible walk-in visitors. I did some administrative tasks like, reservations, transfers airport-hotel and hotel-airport, payroll, bookkeeping, accounts payable, dealing with suppliers, entertaining visitors, setting rules and regulations, etc. Nice and enjoyable experience

2003->Hampton Inn & Suites – Lobby Bar Coordinator

As a coordinator I was assigned the responsibilities of preparing daily breakfast for at least 100 people. Set the different shifts for 1 bartender, 2 waitresses, 1 cook and two eventual helpers. These tasks included items like using vegetables and fresh fruits juices of various varieties, various types of hot beverages and 6 different types of light meals for lunch, including two vegetarian dishes. Staff meals and manager’s meals were part of my daily duties. I was also in charge of preparing orders for suppliers and setting some rules and regulations according to the standards. Of course I had to prepare regular reports on costs, inventories and general planning. I had weekly meetings with the general manager, food and beverages manager and the staff under my responsibility.

2002-03>Centro Gastronomico Da’ Nunzia - Auxiliary Cook

I was really close to the chef and I took an active role in the kitchen planning, while using the PC for the daily tasks, menus, specials, schedules, and excel cost worksheets. While my stay there I learned a lot of Italian words associated to pasta cooking, types of pasta and other techniques.

1999-2002>Centro Venezolano de Español - Spanish Language Instructor .

Fulfilling, enjoyable and hyperactive period as a teacher of Spanish language students. I had under my responsibility 6 to 8 instructors for different levels. I set the rules, exercises, exams, readings and kept a close eye to all the learning process. This activity expanded my horizons beyond my own expectations. I worked with most nationalities in Europe, Asia, North America and Australia. I couldn’t look at the world the same way anymore.

1994-96>Mazzio’s Pizza - Pizza Cook / Bartender .

This period was characterized by a constant desire for improving natural skills. I learned how to make New York style gourmet pizzas in a well organized American Style environment. I took my first steps using a computer to manage costs, inventories and general administration. This company has high standards which are taken really seriously by all the member of the staff.

1993-1994>World Center Restaurant – Waiter.

This restaurant had a Spanish Style menu along with other local and international dishes. The fact of being the only English speaker waiter granted me a position never surpassed while I was there. This restaurant was close to the Caracas Hilton Hotel which represented at least 20-30 % of the walk-in guests.

1991-1993>Tropiburger - Fast food Cook + cashier.

My first job in the capital city. Full of good memories and hard work. I learned everything about the quality control process, cost consciousness, FIFO system, temperatures control, different tasks and the real importance of constant cleaning and sanitizing.

1990-1991> Pida Pizza - Pizza Cook + Bartender.

Daily inventories, daily cleaning and team work were the most important things learnt here. Daily tasks like these contributed to mold my character as an employee and future

1986-1988>Pasteleria Saint Honore - Pizza Cook

My first job when I was still a teenager still attending high school. I was working with my sister and her Italian husband in my first incursion into the labor force. I performed this activity more for a real inclination to serve than to an economical reason. I organized, cleaned and took care of the kitchen until my trip to the capital city to continue studies. My other brothers and a cousin worked there as well. I considered this my first step toward a profession.



INTERNSHIPS:

2003-Restaurant Da’ Gabi y Tony: 100 Hours (Italian, Portuguese and Spanish style food).

2002-Restaurant Pasha: 100 Hours. (Fusion-nouvelle cuisine style)

2002-Café Atlantique: 100 Hours. (Modern French style with a touch of local color)



REFERENCES: NAME, RELATIONSHIP, PHONE, E-MAIL, WEB SITE.



1) Bernd Kroening, former boss at Cacao Travel Group, 58-212-9771234, cacaotravel@cantv.net, www.cacaotravel.com

2) Carlos Boccardo, co-worker at Cacao Travel Group, 58-212-9771234, lodge@cacaotravel.com, cacaotravel@cantv.net

3) Cristina Michalczuk, Director/teacher at High Training Educational Institute, Venezuela, 58-212-6901195, info@htei.net, www.htei.net

4) Cristina Niño, Former boss at Centro Venezolano de Español, 1-305-6439059, cristina@ceves.org.ve, www.ceves.com

5) David Garrido, Director/teacher at High Training Educational Institute, Venezuela, 58-212-6901195, info@htei.net, www.htei.net

6) Juan Gil, Chef Co-worker at Guy Harvey’s Island Grill in Grand Cayman, 1-345-5177766, juan_hgil@hotmail.com

7) Keyla Gonzalez, Former boss at Hampton Inn & suites, 58-212-9763075, igonzalez@gpdesarrollohumano.com, www.gpdesarrollohumano.com

8) Lenny Neckerman, Former boss at Captain’s Table Restaurant in Cayman Brac, 1-345-9481418, captable@candw.ky

9) Marlene Calabokis, manager at Centro Venezolano de Español, 58-414-2797760, mcalabokis@hotmail.com

10) Werner Jurgen Thiede, Chef Instructor at High Training Educational Institute, 58-212-6901195, info@htei.net, http://www.htei.net/.


SEE ALL MY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE.COM!

SEE ALL MY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE.COM!
CLICK ON THE LOGO!


Contact Information

Phone 58-426-2293031

Caracas - Venezuela

francochef@hotmail.com

francochef1371@yahoo.com

francochef@gmail.com

skype: francochef1371

twitter: @francochef



Powered By Blogger